Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Training to be men

My brain dump for the day:

In terms of training, I have in mind of something like the "classical education" model:

Grammar: reading out loud the materials and summarizing ideas
Dialectic: application of the materials, showing some proof of understanding the topic
Rhetoric: abstract thinking, ability think through hypotheticals.

I would expect all young men to be past the grammar stage, so the goal is to stretch them in the dialectic and into rhetoric, but will come only over time.

We should not expect spiritual maturity overnight or even in one year -- hopefully, we are all growing so spiritual growth is a never ending process and I want my sons to see that (even dads are still growing).

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?