Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Ban Religion, Now!

"Ban religion, says Elton John" has a great quote:
Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate. The world is near escalating to World War Three and where are the leaders of each religion?
And personally I must say I am more and more in agreement. I obviously don't agree about what Elton thinks about homosexuality (sodomites as some people like to say), but I think religion as it is today can be banned and let it die away.

Jesus Christ calls for disciples and discipleship, not church members and business-like church organization. And He dogged all the "religious" people of His day: much as, I would imagine, He would do so today. And what people of His day considered holy turned people's idea of holiness upside down: much as He would turn upside down the so called religious people (even "Christians") of today, I'm pretty sure....

Copyright, 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?