Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Calling of Men

I attended our church's Men's Bible Study I mentioned before and it was a pleasant surprise to meet other men who are serious about becoming godly men and leaders in their homes. I'm more intent on raising godly men as well as bonding my father with my grandsons, but becoming godly is a good start, since to be able to say like Paul to my sons:
Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
I have to become godly myself! It was good to see other men with sons, some older and others younger than my sons. I'm hoping more will join, especially those with grown sons.

Anyway, we discussed many things but the important thing for me, when it comes to my calling is to be a king [provider and protector], priest [spiritual leader] and prophet [vision and planning for the legacy] of my own family, the gifts which God has given me to be responsible for.

We also talked about teenage boys/youngmen and how we should think about ways to redirect their budding sexual energy into productive yet busy activities, like going outdoors. One father mentioned how saying "no" and "no" to our sons won't help them. And then I mentioned how I've started boogie boarding with my sons and want to explore other "manly" activities for my sons, like backpacking or hunting, and want to find other fathers and sons to do likewise. Only time will tell but I'm hopeful...

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?