Monday, November 19, 2007

 

Church: Creepy Organized Religion?

I was watching Nightline interview with Stephen King and he was raised fatherless since 2 years old. The money quote, for me, was:
Q: Religious characters don't fare very well in your book I've noticed
SK: I don't have anyhting against chures per se. I'm not a vampire type -- ahhh [acting scared] -- like that when somebody shows me the cross or something but, organized religion gives me the creeps.
The online web page is even more disturbing:
"I'm a spiritual man. I certainly believe in God, and I meditate on a regular basis, and try to stay in touch with the God of my understanding. But I haven't been through the doors of the church, I don't think, since my mother-in-law died. And I certainly don't have anything against churches, per se. I'm not a vampire type, when somebody shows me the cross or something like that. But organized religion gives me the creeps."
Sad.

Copyright 2007, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?