Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Home as mission field

Our church is going through the customized Purpose Driven Church and our reading for today is on owning the vision that the church has. The verse we focus on throughout is Acts 1:8 where "Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria" are interpreted to be Central Texas area but for me, I want to interpret them to be my home and maybe my neighbors. The 2 verses which come to my mind are:
(OK I'm taking Matt 16:26 a bit out of context but I think it's OK to apply to evangelizing the world yet neglect one self or even one's own family.) Becoming godly man and training my sons to be likewise is the kind of vision I can and do own. My next stop: be able to tell my sons:
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. -- 1 Cor 11:1

Note: I write the home being a mission field since yours truly needs some field work to become a godly man, not just the sons...


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?