Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Jesus the anti-State

http://www.sobran.com/columns/2006/060404.shtml inspired me to write:

Jesus is the anti-State (i.e., alternative to the government). He didn't come to replace any government since He pointedly proclaimed:

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
-- John 18:36,37

No, He came as an antidote to government: The one and only King to testify to the truth. Not the Constitution, not rules, and sure not laws, but instead: the Way, Truth and Life. [Too many politicians are known for lying. The more well known, yet recent "classic" is with the POTUS reasons for starting the Iraq War @ 2003.]

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?