Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Anything I do can and will be used against me

You know the saying on police related TV and movies: you the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you.

However, when it comes to being a father, the truth is:
Anything you do, can and will be used against you by your children. Anything you say will be ignored as appropriate [or only if convenient to them]. You have the right to second guess every move you make. You can even consult your wife and your children but don't expect anything helpful: They are who you've made them to be.
I'm not perfect and have to apologize to them more often than I want to and probably not as much as I should.

What's my point? What we do as fathers matter more than what we want to confess to and we need to keep doing the good things.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?