Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Returning to Patriarchy: Problems with Family Integrated Church

I was going to write a rambling piece on why I don't like Family Integrated Churches.

My main beef is the over emphasis on the Integration rather than redoing church. More on my rethinking church in future posts.

Patriarchy [with the fathers submitting to grandfathers who submit to the local elders] seems to be what is needed in all of life not just churchy life. What does that look is something I'll be exploring, as well.

See my friend's posts on Family Meal Table, which I think is a good starting point. My struggle is as I live with my parents, how to turn my passive father into an active leader of the Patriarchy as I live an example for my sons....

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?