Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

Muscle Memory of Righteousness

When I took a handgun training class earlier this week, I learned that it was important to repeatedly go through with the correct moves (start slowly and then speed up) in pulling it out, aim and shoot such that my muscles would memorize them ("muscle memory"). Long ago, I recall a teacher rephrasing "practice makes perfect" into "practice makes permanent."

Anyway, this morning I read:
Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Heb 5:13,14
Righteousness requires training, too, and "constant use" makes one better to "distinguish good from evil." Practice makes permanent.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?