Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Free man and government

Reading 1 Peter 2:13-17, one's initial impression is that the Founding Fathers of America was wrong to rebel against the British Crown. But then there is verse 16:
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 1 Pet 2:16
So I suppose there is room for the 1776 Revolution. The fact is, we live in a nation where "we the people" rebelled to start anew. Yet I have my doubts, ever since I've read (and I am still chewing over) "The Most Successful Fraud in American History" by Gary North and I'm about to start reading his "Conspiracy in Philadelphia: Origins of the United States Constitution". I was taught (brainwashed?) that U.S. Constitution was the best thing about America but now I have my foundation shaken a bit...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?