Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Jesus' manhood

I have started Coughlin's "No More Christian Nice Guy" and loved the parable of Jim. However, I'd love to see something more modern. I first thought about gangsters [Jesus starting a new gang]. But then I haven't been part of one so I'd have a lot of learning and studying to do to write anything decent.

Then I thought about what I know best: the corporate world, and reasoned that maybe Jesus can open a venture capital funded startup. But I realized that the life or death danger isn't found in corporate setting that, say, gangsters face.

How would it seem if Mary asks Jesus to make a high quality pot or cocaine (both are from natural materials unlike meth or PCP) for a wedding party? Or recasting Luke 22:36-38:
He said to them, "But now if you have a wallet, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a handgun, sell your [leather] jacket and buy one. It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

The disciples said, "See, Boss, here are a Smith & Wesson and a Beretta."
"That is enough," he replied.
Or have Jesus using four letter expletives! [Personally, I don't think there is any sacred English words, even Yahweh, since we don't know how YHWH was really pronounced in the first place. Words like God and Jesus aren't inherently sacred, as far as I care. Now, I don't use them nor allow my children to use them only because people around me would not approve.]

Maybe someone with more free time or real gang experience can write this right.

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?