Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Complex Beliefs

I found "Fundamentalists to the Right, Fundamentalists to the Left: What my hate mail tells me about Christian factions today" to be a good read on what happened to Fanky Schaeffer [son of Dr. Francis Schaeffer]. I did enjoy his first novel and several of his non-fiction. But I was surprised to find out today that he converted from Christian "Fundamentalism" to Greek Orthodox.

But then I have gone through complex changes myself. I thought Fundamentalism was a clearer view of the Bible but the non-denominational type I became familiar with isn't as Biblical as I am thinking now. Granted, there is no perfect church but churches have lost their way without realizing it, especially with the modern feminized Christianity (after I pointed out that Jesus become feminized in 1800s, my friend pointed out Jesus' long hair and dress: how feminine!). Reading "Why Men Hate Going to Church" and now "No More Christian Nice Guy" I'm realizing how brainwashed I had become with what is a normal Bible church: it isn't about "worship experience" [music and other fluff] nor the Bible based preaching [a good preacher who speaks clearly, with good voice and intelligent presentation]. More on this tomorrow [I hope]....

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?