Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Kick out the Church Women

My wife and I talked about a Christian woman we met and mentioned how she seemed very critical and hard to please. And then I mentioned: that's why women should not be part of a church. [Ha Ha]

In all seriousness, because women were cursed to be controlling [Genesis 3:16], when women get involved with church, they try to control what's going on, even if the church does not allow women leaders. I've seen too many changes take place in a church because of a few unhappy women who got their way(s). I know this first hand, because my mother tries to be controlling and manipulative with me.

As Dr. Schaeffer pointed out in his books, people want "Peace and happiness" and I think this is a very feminine, mothering instinct. Woman wants to control her world to bring stability and reduce conflict. Men want vision, purpose and adventure instead: instability and conflicts are all part of the adventure. Which is why Jesus was able to call out to some two bit fishermen "Come and follow me. And I will make you fishers of men." Jesus even delivered instability [Matthew 8:20] and conflicts [Matthew 12:34 or 21:12, Luke 14:26] throughout His ministry.

So, do women belong in the church? Of course, since Galatians 3:28 makes clear that before God, male and female are equal. But 1 Corinthians 14:34 states that women are to be silent during church service. Also, 1 Timothy 5:2 and Titus 2:3 teach women to not use words to hurt [and, I believe, to manipulate, to get things done indirectly].

However, I don't know of any church that can avoid the velvet veto [Carl Dudley term for women manipulators in church, as quoted in "Why Men Hate Going to Church"] and as long as they are involved in the church, "Men sit on boards, but women run the church." Which not only turns off men but is unbiblical as well [cf 1 Corinthians 14:34].

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.
--

I had a lot of interesting conversation with a Christian father who has several sons and I've mentioned various beefs I've had blogged about and he encouraged me to run with my ideas at their church. We'll see: I'll try to attend the next men's Bible study and see what happens....

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?