Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Bouncers at the church doors?

Here's another thought (based on my comments at Penciloid):

Once we make our churches masculine, we'll need to hire some bouncers to keep order in the church (or outside while waiting to get in). Since such a church would be attracting the "bad" elements of the society (just as Jesus Christ Himself did!), bouncers may be appropriate.

What an image: men clamering to get inside the church, guards outside keeping order of those waiting in line -- and maybe some (guards) inside, too!

Update: Drunken with the Holy Spirit and God's Word:
Concerning the prophets:
My heart is broken within me;
all my bones tremble.
I am like a drunken man,
like a man overcome by wine,
because of the LORD
and his holy words.
(Jer 23:9)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?